Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weekly NST


Today we had the first of what will be weekly Non-Stress Tests (NSTs) for the twins. They are the same type I had on at the hospital six weeks ago. I have one strap that goes around me to monitor contractions, and then one strap for each baby to monitor their heart rate. That insures that the little guys are not under 'stress' and that everything is apparently going well in there.

Well, the boys were being ornery, as usual, and did not want to cooperate. For this reason, we had to have two nurses actually stay with me the entire time and hold the monitors. I told them I owe them alcohol. They had to stand there for at least 20 minutes and keep good, steady heart rates (like they didn't have anything better to do!). Two wiggly babies for twenty straight minutes.. I do not envy these ladies. Or myself. Or the babies in there who obviously did not like being pushed around. I think it's safe to say we were all uncomfortable. But I'll tell you, I got two great nurses, and we joked around the whole time. It was hard to sit there and try to hold still when we were laughing that much. Even Nana De got to hold a monitor for awhile. It was quite the adventure! And I'm very glad it's over. I've got another one next week... I'm sure the nurses will be THRILLED to see my name on the list. LOL... I'm going to bring in a bottle of some kind of adult beverage if possible. The ladies today were troopers.

Tomorrow we go in for another growth measurement, which means more pictures! I'm glad we don't have to do any more cervix checks... you never know, though, I could always end up in the hospital. De has helped me get a bag together for the hospital, and she's been organizing things around the house since Keaton is at school three days a week now. It's so quiet around here. But Keaton loves school and he's been adjusting well to having to get up at 6 and go in to school with Casey. We hope this will make his nighttime sleeping schedule a little better because he will hopefully be more tired at night and won't fight it so much. Speaking of sleep, I didn't sleep well at all last night (as usual) but more so because I wake up every hour between 12:30 and 3:30, usually, and then this morning Keaton woke up at 4:30 with a bad dream and crawled into our bed. He, Casey, and Riese had a snoring contest. I was appointed the judge because I'm such a light sleeper. It was not fun. Haha... zzzzz...

Riese is still hanging around, and we are still looking for a good home for him.We have a few people that still want to come meet him, so we are waiting things out. We just want to be sure that we find the best possible place for him. Of course he's been on his best behavior the past few days, which is only making this more difficult. But I know we are doing what is best for him. Stuff's about to get CRAZY up in here... it's the 'calm' (yeah right, if this is calm, then... Lord help me) before the storm. Speaking of storms, all these crazy weather systems coming through have screwed with me a bit, and I've definitely felt more pressure and a few more contractions lately. But they don't come anywhere close together and they haven't been intense enough not to talk through... just more uncomfortable than normal, and usually happen at night. I'm not sleeping worth a darn, but I've been able to nap in the mornings, so that's been nice. My glucose levels have been a little wacky, but my doctor said it's because of the Z-pack I had to take last week for being sick. I feel a lot better now. We're getting through it. Local friends are throwing a baby shower for us on Saturday afternoon, so my goal is to at least make it to Sunday. I can do this!!!

I guess that's all for now. Casey's on his way to get Keaton from school, and it's snowing now, so hopefully they will make it here safely and traffic won't be insane. And hopefully we don't get too much snow! 

-Ash

No comments: