Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blah blah blahg.

Keaton's asleep an hour before his normal bedtime, which is always a little unnerving to me. Will he wake up in an hour and not want to go back to sleep? I guess we'll find out. Hopefully he'll sleep well tonight- it's been pretty hit or miss lately. If I were tired, I'd go to bed now too. Instead, I blog.

Cleaning up the floor tonight after feeding Keaton dinner, I couldn't help but think of Charley, and how I wouldn't have much cleaning to do if he were here. I sure do miss that guy. I saw his costume from last year down in the basement last week. I remember how excited he was sitting by the front door on Halloween and watching the little kids come by. Ugh... everything is so bittersweet right now. I miss the guy so much and I have great memories of him, and can't help but feel like we got robbed a bit by his passing. But who doesn't feel that way when they lose a loved one? All I can do now is try to remember all the good times. There were a ton in his 6 years with us.

Well, my kid has decided to wake up now, so I may have to cut this short. I hate being pessimistic when he goes to bed early, but since he rarely stays asleep whenever that happens, I sort of expect him to wake up at some point. I wish he liked sleeping as much as I do!

Case gets home tomorrow! Woo hoooo!!!
-Ash

No comments: