Thursday, October 7, 2010

Control

Sometimes I wish there were a remote control for life. I would definitely pause some moments (much like the Twix commercials where time kind of stops and you get a moment to process what's going on). I would rewind a lot.. And record would be nice, so when I totally forget things I could replay them in full detail and be like, "Oh yeah, that's what happened!" Man, it would be nice. I think I would not fast forward much- especially now that Keaton's doing so much and I feel like time's going too fast as it is. Mute and volume might come in handy, though. So many buttons... so much control.

We have four remotes for the entertainment setup in our living room. People like Casey who are technically inclined have no problem with them. Everyone else, including yours truly, cannot figure out why we have so many, what they all do, and why we can't just get a Universal remote. But for him it makes sense, because there are specific buttons on each remote that a Universal just wouldn't have. I wonder how important these buttons really are, and more specifically, what they do. But it's all about control. You have control over more things and more possibilities with more buttons. A Universal remote cuts corners and makes things more simple than they necessarily need to be.

There are just too many ways to make the connection between a remote control and life. If I were a remote, I would be a Universal. And if I could, I would have more control over my life.

-Ash

No comments: