Sunday, October 24, 2010

SC Summary

Here's what I remember about South Carolina- a week later:

1) Had brunch at The Gourmet Shop in Five Points Sunday morning. It was great, but it reminded me of the days when he'd bring Charley Brown with us and sit outside at the tables. There were quite a few dogs there Sunday, so he was on my mind a lot. It got worse when we walked around the other shops, too, because I noticed a sign on one of the shop windows that said the dog that was a fixture at the shop had died earlier that week- of cancer. Throw in the fact that we walked near the store that used to be Three Dog Bakery, and I lost it. I haven't cried in awhile about Chuck, but the memories were too much that day. And just like that, I was okay again.

2) Spending most of Monday in the Department seeing people. I got to see almost everyone I wanted, some longer than others, but we were exhausted by the end of the day. That night we had dinner at my friend Jenny's house with she and her fiance Colby. They have 2 dogs, and Jenny's roommate Patty has another dog, which provided hours of entertainment for Keaton. We have video (thankfully) of him laughing harder than I think he ever has before when the dogs would bark or catch their ball. It really was hilarious all the way around, and I can't wait to (someday) upload the video... toooooo funny.

Well, I was going to update more, but Keaton's awake for some reason right now so I need to go check on him. He's not been sleeping through the night since we got back from Kansas. :( Boo....

-Ash

No comments: