Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mo-Ti-Va-Tion

Today was such a great day with my boys. It actually was so good, I remembered longing for it when I was at work so many months ago... I feel like I've finally filled that void I'd had for awhile.

I'm not sure why I've felt a little empty. I think it helped that today Casey was not stressed about work stuff- he just got back from a 2 day trip to Tulsa (his second in as many weeks) and because of that he took a Saturday off. I was also strangely motivated to get housework done today- something that rarely ever happens- so we were both on the same page and got the house cleaned, vacuumed, mopped, etc, within a few hours. We had time to spend quality time with Keaton, paint our pumpkins, and rake the yard (Case did that... I will not take credit) all before dinner.

It helps also that Casey noticed that I've worked harder to get things done over the past week. Things I normally put off- laundry, dishes, normal housework- I actually did more of this week. I cooked meals, too. I'm thankful for whatever motivational bug bit me this week, though, because it's made life a lot less stressful and a lot more enjoyable this weekend. *Note to self... reread this entry someday soon when motivation levels are low again.

Keaton didn't sleep so great last night (again) but after he woke up around 5:15 this morning to eat, I put him back in his crib and he talked himself to sleep. It was funny to listen to him jabber to himself. Of course I didn't sleep during that part, but it was nice that he wasn't crying for once. He took a small nap before noon, and then another nice, long nap this afternoon around 3. The best part was, all 3 times, I laid him down while he was wide awake, which was a goal of mine lately so he could learn to sooth himself to sleep. (In retrospect, I would have done this loooong ago. There's that hindsight again.) It has worked fairly well, and with the exception of a few days this week when he has almost totally skipped his morning nap (and was fussy as heck because of it), he's done much better. I can only hope he starts sleeping through the night again. I don't mind waking up with him once to feed him, but he's been really inconsistent about that since we returned from our trips to Kansas and South Carolina (meaning he'll wake up 2 or 3 times during the night), and sometimes will not go back to sleep afterward.

I'm looking forward to his first Halloween tomorrow!! I'll take a ton of pictures, of course. So far it's a great start to the weekend. :-D

-Ash

No comments: