Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

Today was Halloween, and by most standards, it was a pretty normal day. I took Keaton shopping and we got a few things we needed (and plenty we didn't) while Case was at home working. We took Ernie (Keaton's stuffed Owl) to Build-A-Bear to get a costume. Yes, that is as strange as it probably sounds- I just thought it would be funny if Keaton was dressed as an owl, and Ernie was dressed as a... whatever. And Uncle Billy & Uncle Clay (my friends from Columbia) gave Keaton a gift card to the store, so what the hey. Ernie made a very cute Doctor (as did my hubby when he dressed up last weekend for the event at the Lincoln Park Zoo). :)

Anyway, the weird part happened when Keaton and I were driving around... his toy frog that sings songs suddenly started singing in a different voice (lower than normal) and started stuttering- pretty sure the batteries were out of whack... but it freaked me out a little. Then it kept singing the same parts of a song over and over and then would start over again. It was just strange, and it reminded me of this stuffed dog I used to have as a kid. It started singing once and wouldn't stop- I thought it was possessed. I think I ran to my parents and started crying. I think I watched too much Child's Play as a kid and thought dolls or stuffed animals could come to life. Not...that...I think that...now... or anything....

Another strange thing happened tonight after Keaton had gone Trick or Treating (we went to 2 houses, really, and then hung out at my friend Kelley's house for about 30 minutes before coming back home to greet kids). A group of kids came to the door, and one of the boys said, "I feel bad for Charley Brown. I miss him. It's too bad he had to DIE." What do you say to that? The way he said 'die' was also a little unnerving. Anyway, Casey and I were both like, "Yeah, it is too bad." Not much more to say after that. I remembered Chuck in his Pumpkin costume last year, greeting all the kids at the door. Ugh... I miss Charley Brown too, kid.

Anyway, I think Keaton had a good time seeing the neighborhood kids dressed up, and he seemed to like being outside. When we were at Tim and Kelley's he started flapping his 'wings' and looked like he was trying to fly... it was too funny. Here's a picture of that...
The kid passed out around 6:30 tonight, and although he woke up once briefly, he's been sleeping ever since. He skipped his afternoon nap today, so I hope this means he'll sleep through the night. He finally did last night, and didn't wake up until 4:30 this morning to eat. He went back to sleep until about 8:30 this morning. He's doing better for the most part... we'll see how tonight pans out.

In all, a pretty good weekend. I can't believe it's almost November. I can't believe I'm almost 29. And on that note... it's time for bed. :)

-Ash

No comments: