Monday, November 15, 2010

Charley Moments

I absolutely hate writing sad blog entries. If I could, I would never write one. But over the past 29 years, I have found that writing is by far my best therapy. So although it hurts, I've gotta write about Charley Brown.

Today I was doing laundry in the basement and stumbled across a few old pictures. The one that got to me was the very first picture I took of Casey and Charley Brown, the day we brought him home. Punch to the gut numero uno. Then I saw his costume from Halloween last year... punch #2. It made me think of our Christmas stuff this year, and Charley's stocking. I guess these are just things that will come up over the course of the year, but sometimes I feel like everything hits me at once. I am not sure what I would do if he were here now- I know it would probably be crazy with a baby who will be mobile VERY soon... but I can't help but think about how much fun they would have had together. I am so glad Keaton likes animals as much as he does- we are thinking about getting another one sometime in the not too distant future. No one will ever replace Chuck, though.

So I guess that's really it for today. I have done pretty well with the Charley subject for the most part, but it still hits me every now and then when I find his things around the house. Glad I have a place to go to let it out.

-Ash

No comments: