Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No means... ?

I'm currently listening to my 9 month old cuss me out via the baby monitor. He got woken up by my neighbor after only about 10 minutes of sleep, and now he won't nap at all... it's been almost 4 hours now. So I put him in his crib, hoping he'll do it on his own. He's not crying, just sort of yelling syllables at me. Funny to listen to, as long as it doesn't turn into a meltdown.

This morning we met up with our friends from Cradle Talk at Barnes & Noble for Storytime. It was fun to have the four boys together again, and I think we need to do it again soon because we had a ton to talk about and didn't listen so well today. Oops. We didn't get kicked out or anything, which is good.

So this afternoon I had an interesting phone call from work. They asked if I wanted to work one day next month. This is strange because I thought I had told them that I was finished... so I'm not sure what to do. I also don't know who would watch Keaton from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. that day. And if I say yes, does that mean they'll think I can do it again? I hesitate because I would like for no to mean no. But I'm a pushover, and I'm not sure how to say no to people (a second time). I was proud when I did it the first time, so I'm sure I could do it again... I just wish I didn't have to. Ugh.

I guess that's all for today. Keaton's still chattering (although the 'cussing' has switched over to giggling and excitedly sucking in air, which is equally hilarious)... hopefully he'll decide to nap soon. I am tempted to as well. :)

-Ash

No comments: