Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

Yesterday was Keaton's first Thanksgiving. I think he enjoyed it- I know he enjoyed having the Hetricks here. He ate turkey and rice, green beans, and tried mac and cheese for the first time (and loved it!). He has been pretty vocal, and has not slept well at all (I blame teething, as usual, but it's been kind of rough the last few days and we think it is probably from over stimulation). The rest of the family watched him on Wednesday night while Casey and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Pt. 1). Good movie by the way. When we came home, we found out that Keaton woke up at 8:45 screaming, and would not go back to sleep. Everyone tried to help calm him down, but it took about 45 minutes to really settle him down and get him back to sleep. Ugh... I feel bad (not that I could have done anything to make it different) but it's the first time he's woken up like that in months, and of course it would be when we aren't home to calm him down. I'm kind of worn out right now, mainly because we have tried feeding him with a bottle, sippy cup, etc., and he won't take anything but the breast right now. I feel like I need to be around all the time and am nervous about having anyone babysit until this phase is over. Hopefully that will be by December 3rd when we go to Casey's office Christmas party.

Enough complaining from me! The title of this entry is THANKFUL, and I'm not expressing that very well right now. I am thankful for my amazing family and friends. I have a ton to be thankful for, especially this year. A loving, hard-working husband. Beautiful, intelligent baby boy. Wonderful, supportive parents, in-laws, and friends. Cars that work, a roof over my head, and clothes on my back. And so much more. I am very thankful for all the people in my life that make it as blessed as it is. When times are tough, or things aren't going quite the way I would like them to go, I can step back and think about what I have, and be happy.

The Hetricks are going home this afternoon, and of course, their time here has gone really fast. We got some shopping done on Wednesday, tons of cooking (and eating) and game playing done yesterday, and more shopping today. (I stayed home with Keaton so he could take a decent nap.) It has been a good visit, and I'm looking forward to our trip home in December. Hopefully those of you reading this had a great Thanksgiving as well. :) Less than a month until Christmas!! (That is insane.)

-Ash

PS: Another random note- Keaton tried pancakes this morning (without syrup, of course) and really liked them. He is starting to eat different types of food now and not gagging quite as often, so that's a great sign! Woo hoo!!

No comments: