Monday, January 11, 2010

33 week check up

I wish I could say better things about the Doctor's appointment today, but alas, I cannot. I gained 0 lbs in the last 2 weeks, which is strange because I know I've been eating/cooking quite a bit recently! The doctor said I shouldn't be worried, and that if I haven't gained much next time we'll do an ultrasound just to make sure the baby is still getting bigger, etc. I didn't find out a whole lot more during the appointment today. I did get to meet yet another doctor in the practice, though. So far I have liked all of them.

I can't say the same for the nurses at our office. The one that was on duty today apparently woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or had a stethoscope up her bum, because she was NOT nice at ALL. Normally I try to disarm people when I can tell they are in bad moods, either by joking around a bit or trying to make conversation. This chick did not impress me in any way, so I sat there and gave her 1-word answers... basically what she was giving me. I hate when I have to ask how much weight I've gained, etc. It'd be nice if they would be a little more forthcoming about that kind of information. When she told me I hadn't gained any weight, I wanted to ask if I should be worried, but I decided to wait for the doctor to come in because I didn't want to be around her any longer than I needed to. She listened to the baby's heartbeat, and instead of taking the time to actually calculate it, she just said, "It's in the 130s" in passing. Neat. She also forgot to wipe part of the Doppler gel off my stomach so my shirt got all nasty. I guess I'm just looking for more things to be upset with now, so I'll stop... I was just not impressed with her at all.

Overall, it wasn't a terrible visit, but I guess it was not quite as exciting or 'fruitful' as previous visits. Next time will be more invasive... and I'll leave it at that. I'm not really looking forward to that part, but it was bound to happen eventually.

I just got back from Walmart, and now I'm on a mission to definitely gain more weight for the next visit. I bought a whole bunch of snacks today at the store... so I'm going to start in on some of them now. The only other thing to report today is that Casey heard from Cribs To College, and they will be here Thursday to install the crib and take the broken one away. I may actually get something done in the nursery this week!! I'll be sure to take pictures when it looks presentable. :)

That's about it... I'll write again later this week when more interesting things happen. :)

-Ash

PS: Forgot to mention that Charley got to ride in the RAV4 for the first time this morning! We took Case to work around 5:45 am. Charley seemed to enjoy the ride. :)

No comments: