Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crib delivery!

Crib guys are here! (An hour early, actually! Who delivers things an hour earlier than the projected time? So far so good!)

I will inspect and take pictures when it's all finished. I also realize now that I don't have a clue how to do the crib bedding when the crib is put together. This could get interesting...

I'm also waiting on my order from Babies R Us to arrive... it is 'in transit' now, so anytime today it should be here. Then I can start doing baby laundry and maybe, with any luck, have the nursery almost all ready to go by the beginning of next week! :-D Hooray!

Time to go watch Ellen... I'll definitely update later.
______

Okay I decided to just update now and not add yet another entry... I'm on a roll so far this year!

The delivery guys got here at 3, and were done assembling the crib and out of the house by 3:40! I am impressed. It got awkward for a second because they called me into the nursery about 10 minutes after they had arrived to say they were done. I was surprised, until I walked in to see that the crib wasn't assembled at all. After basically saying, "This looks nice, but... did they say anything about putting it together?" one of the guys went out to the truck and realized he had overlooked that detail in his notes. Thank goodness... I was not very excited to try to put it together tonight after Casey gets home from work. (The old, passive me would have just said, "Okay, thanks! Bye!" so I'm glad I spoke up. They assembled it, and it looks awesome! Pictures to come. I want Casey to see it first!

I managed to get all the bedding unpacked, and I actually made the bed so I could get a better idea of what it will all look like. I need to wash everything now, but I am happy with our theme- I think it will be really cute. I will probably spend a good amount of time tomorrow actually putting decorations up and getting everything where it needs to go. Just after the delivery guys left, our BRU shipment came in, so we now have our diaper bag, sound sleeper, Dreft laundry detergent, some pacifiers, and another fitted crib sheet! Starting to feel a bit less anxious about everything now. :) I guess all we really need now is Peanut!

That's all for now. I just made some human Puppy Chow (Chex Mix w/chocolate & peanut butter) so I'm enjoying my pig-out session in celebration of all the new baby items we received today. I plan to post pictures of the room tomorrow!

-Ash

No comments: