Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another day of housework...

I just did my second load of baby laundry. I must say, if you have a hard time keeping track of regular socks, baby socks disappear much much faster!! I have had to search for a pair already (but that's what I get for putting them in with crib sheets... lesson learned!). It makes me really excited to think about the little feet that will fit into those socks soon. :-D

Not much to report today. I'm getting caught up on laundry and house cleaning, and taking my sweet time doing it. It amazes me how much slower the days go now that I don't have a job. I remember thinking that my days off would just fly by back when I was working, but now it seems like I have plenty of time to do everything I want to do in a day. I should probably be a bit more productive now, all things considered, and in a way I am. I also know that I still have a long way to go. I am finally getting to a point where it bugs me if there are dishes in the sink or junk laying around. Glad my standards are finally getting higher. I have also been consistent in clipping coupons and thinking of a meal plan for the week, and making sure Case has a decent lunch every day (and a fresh cup of coffee in the morning!). I've managed to make 2-3 big meals every week this month, and I am happy to report that Casey and I have only eaten fast food 3 times in the last 3 weeks! This is a big improvement for us, and we're excited to save the money. I look forward to increasing the number of items I can put on my "Consistent List" as time goes on... it's something I have struggled with all my life, and it's something I definitely want to teach our kid eventually.

Well, the sun is out and I can hear the snow melting... that is a beautiful thing right now! There is still about 3 inches of snow on the ground, but it's supposed to be close to 40 this weekend so hopefully we'll see a bit of the actual ground at some point soon. I'm glad there won't be a WHOLE lot of winter left after Peanut is born... I look forward to taking Charley out with the stroller and going for walks around the neighborhood.

I just heard the dryer go off, so time for me to get back to it...

-Ash

No comments: