Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Step It Up!

Somewhere down the line, I think I missed a memo or two about how to be a good wife and housekeeper.

There are many reasons I could back this up, but instead of going into all of them, I will let you know about my Epic Fail last night. After I got done grocery shopping yesterday afternoon, I came home and decided it would be a good idea to wash our bed sheets and comforter. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I forgot that the comforter was in the washing machine until almost 8 pm last night. Casey tries to go to bed around 10:30 pm usually. I threw the comforter into the dryer on high, thinking it might actually be done by the time we went to bed. Not so much. I ended up scrambling around to make the bed, and 1/2 of the comforter was still wet. Our pillow cases weren't even dry yet.

It's things like this that you'd think I would be able to handle, esp. since I don't have a job anymore. I have all day long to take care of this stuff. Not only that, but there are times that I start the laundry and somehow forget about it, and have to rerun it or run it through the dryer again. I would save time (and money) if I just did it one time and stayed on top of it. Not sure why I space out and forget, but I struggle with being consistent about ANYTHING. Except maybe blogging. :-/

I realize I'm partially being hard on myself, but mostly being realistic about how things go around here... I really need to step it up. I hate when Casey comes home and is disappointed for one reason or another, and it's something I could have taken care of if I would have thought things through.

So anyway, I wanted to blog about it so I could read it again later and remind myself that my role in the house has changed, and it's time for me to adapt to the change and get into better habits before the baby gets here... that way I don't totally drop the ball when I actually have time to get things done around the house. I don't think it's a bad thing to set my standards a little higher now so I can feel the need to keep up with it when things get really busy. Soon.

-Ash

No comments: