Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting ready...

I am (impatiently) waiting for Casey to get home so we can eat dinner and prepare for our Meet & Greet with a group of pediatricians tonight... I've got my list of questions ready, and hopefully we will find one we like! If so, I plan to register for the hospital tomorrow. That will be one less thing on the To Do list! I also have the camcorder almost ready- I'm charging the batteries tonight. I have most of the bag packed for the hospital as well- baby clothes washed, some toiletries packed, etc. I am probably doing this WAY too far in advance, but that is rare for me, so I'm rolling with it. And who knows, maybe the kid will decide to be a bit early? I kind of hope so because I'm starting to have a harder time getting around, sleeping, and generally doing things that came easy to me a month ago. I realize that I will still not get a great deal of sleep when the baby arrives, but it seems like getting up to feed a baby would be much more enjoyable than getting up to 1) go to the bathroom for the 300th time, 2) have to literally roll in bed to get comfortable, 3) have to change positions because my hips hurt or fall asleep, etc. I think you get the idea...

The baby has been rather quiet today, so this afternoon when I was getting dressed I decided to put the headphones from my iPod Shuffle on my belly again... HAHA!!! The baby definitely responded with a very large kick (or maybe punch) to my left rib region! It actually made me laugh out loud... pretty neat to have an interactive tummy right now. :) (The song was 'You Can call Me Al' by Paul Simon.)

I guess that's about it- I will update again tomorrow with info on the Ped visit, in between cleaning sessions to ready the house for the brief Hetrick visit tomorrow evening. For now, I'm going to go eat my arm... unless my husband spares me by showing up sometime in the near future!!!

-Ash

No comments: