Thursday, January 7, 2010

A bit of good news...

Some good news on the car front, finally. The shop Casey took the VW to to get repaired has someone who wants to buy the car from us for $300 (which is more than the wrecking company offered)... to top that off, the *mechanic who bought it is paying for the inspection fee earlier in the week, so they are basically buying the car from us, with interest! And what more could we ask for after this week? It's still early in the day, and I hate to be a pessimist, but I almost hesitate to write the good news before the day is over. But oh well... unless the car spontaneously combusts or something before we get money for it, I think things should work out fine.

It has snowed probably 5 inches or so in the last 8 hours... maybe more than that. Casey got up to go to work this morning and shoveled off the driveway. By the time he finished, the first part he shoveled was already starting to get covered again. I hope he'll get home early from work today... it's supposed to keep snowing all day and I'm sure it'll be a mess by the time 5:30 rolls around.

I'm lounging around today and am planning to make cookies this afternoon. Besides getting some laundry done and cleaning up the kitchen, I think that will pretty much summarize my day. Charley is bored, as usual, so I will try to entertain him somehow today. I wish he liked playing in the snow! Heck, I wish I could go outside and play in it without the fear of falling down and hurting myself, otherwise I'd be right there with him! Baby Hetrick seems content on staying inside where it's warm.

Speaking of Peanut, the poor kid got some serious hiccups last night, then again this morning while Casey was getting ready for work. My stomach was bouncing around all over the place! As strange as it is, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. (Okay, seriously... it just started hiccuping again as I type this... maybe it's growing??) Tomorrow we'll be at 33 weeks! Only ~7 weeks until we meet our little one! :) I would like to say, again, that I hope (s)he stays in there for at least a few more weeks while we figure out this car situation... I really really really don't want to go into labor at a time when Casey can't get to me or has trouble coming home, etc. I'm better off not thinking about that, but of course it hangs out in the back of my mind.

Alright, that's all for now... I'll definitely update if something else exciting happens. Hopefully it'll be exciting in a positive way and not something else totally insane to make the week even crazier. :)

-Ash

*I had to correct the story b/c I found out I got my facts screwed up... wouldn't be the first time! ;)

No comments: