Sunday, January 3, 2010

Out with the old...

We officially own a 2008 Toyota RAV4. :) It is pretty and sitting in our garage right now, in place of Casey's truck.

I had a feeling that would happen yesterday. We spent almost 3 hours at the Toyota dealership, going back and forth about pricing, etc. We had more leverage because the day before when we went to the Honda dealership, they basically gave us a quote on a 2010 Honda CRV, and we were able to take the price they were willing to sell the CRV for and haggle the RAV4 down a bit. Casey did a great job (in my opinion) and we got some pretty good things out of the negotiation. So, I officially have a 4WD vehicle that will seat 5, plus a ton of storage space in the back! I am especially excited about how easy it is to drive (since I was concerned about driving such a big vehicle b/c I'm used to smaller cars). One feature I really like is how easy it is to put the middle seats down- there is a lever on both sides of the very back, and when you pull them, it easily releases both seats and folds them down. That will make things much easier when we need extra space and have something to load into it, like a stroller, etc. I always enjoy when things are easy like that, especially right now! Anyway, I will attempt to take pictures of it ASAP. It was insanely cold here yesterday, so there was no way I was going to stand outside and do that... I may love photography, but I love the use of my fingers even more... and didn't want my camera to be traumatized by the cold!

Other than the vehicle purchase yesterday, and taking Charley Brown to the vet for his regular check-up (he has yet another set of ear infections... Poor kid can't catch a break with those!), we pretty much stayed home and got things done around the house. Since the Christmas tree is down now, I guess I got a little stir-crazy yesterday and went on a card writing spree... I managed to get all of our thank you cards done from the Topeka baby shower, as well as finish, print, and stuff the majority of our Holiday letter cards as well. I looked at all of it after I was done and thought, "What the heck is going on with me?!" I love the motivation I have right now, and I really hope I can keep it up! I even started picking up the kitchen, living and dining room area yesterday, without any prompting from Casey! This is a very good thing. Besides getting out of breath a little easier lately, I am very happy to have found some kind of second wind. Or whatever you want to call it. Good times!

In other news, I'm awake right now because Baby Hetrick decided to get the hiccups yet again in the wee hours of the morning. I think that may be the 5th hiccup session in 2 days? I'm losing track. It got them yesterday while we were signing the paperwork for the RAV4, and I had a hard time concentrating. Either way, it really is difficult to sleep at that point, so I'm sure after I get off here and possibly eat "first breakfast", things will settle down and I'll get back to sleep. I need it, too, because today we start our Prepared Childbirth class and I need to be able to pay attention! I hope to meet and connect with other expectant families today so maybe we can start hanging out with local people our age that are in the same boat we are. I hear that the friend dynamic changes a bit after you have kids (friends w/kids vs without), so I'm sure meeting people with a similar situation to ours will be a positive thing.

I guess that's about it for now. It's day 3 of the New Year and so far things are looking good. :) More later!

-Ash

No comments: