Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cookies & (Braxton-Hicks) Contractions

Judging by the little tapping noises on the window, I guess the freezing rain has arrived. We are supposed to have it the rest of today into tomorrow, which of course makes me worry about Casey's commute home tonight from work. I do have to say that the RAV4 makes me feel quite a bit safer, though, so I'm sure he'll be fine. Yay for 4 wheel drive! I am happy to say that all of the weather reports so far this week have mentioned temps in the 40s this weekend. Heat wave!!!! Maybe some of this white crap will melt and we'll see some of the ground again.

So today I'm making sweet & sour pork in the crock pot for dinner. I'm thinking about whipping up a batch of cookies soon for dessert... the downside is that I spent a good amount of time yesterday cleaning the kitchen, and I would only mess up my progress if I get flour and sugar all over everything... but then, it's COOKIES. I have a hard time resisting that.

The Braxton-Hicks contractions were pretty intense this morning, but luckily they didn't last long, and haven't come back. They started around the time Casey got up for work, and lasted about 20 minutes or so after he left. Every time they happen, I wonder how close they will be to the real thing... all of the unknowns of pregnancy and labor at this point are a little scary to me. When will it all happen? Where will I be? Where will CASEY be?! Hopefully somewhere nearby. Ahhhh!! I'm not necessarily a Type A personality, but it would definitely be nice to have a little more insight or structure to this whole thing. Can you tell I've been under the influence of an engineer for 11 years now? :)

So I'm excited to say that tomorrow night, I actually have plans to get out of the house and socialize! One of Casey's coworkers has gone to the dark side (Exxon... haha... maybe I should say the 'darker' side...) and his last day is next week. Everyone is going out to eat/drink/be merry, and I actually got a formal invitation to join them!! This means I actually have to bathe and put on make up. Thank goodness, though... I've definitely been wearing pajamas (or Casey's sweat pants) every day now. I actually 'dressed up' for the last belly picture. If anyone were to come to the house, I would be super embarrassed... and for once it wouldn't be because of the condition of the house! Anyway, another highlight of going out tomorrow is that I will actually have something more interesting to write about! Hooray!! :)

I guess that's all for now... time to get started on some cookies.

-Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Anytime BH contractions pick up, drink a lot of water and put your feet up. Take a deserved break, mama. ;)