Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge/Nightly Blog

I saw this on Facebook recently so I think I'm going to try it. It's a 30 day photo challenge, which is of course right up my alley. Plus, it might add a little more to the blog since lately it's been a ton of words and not the fun pics I used to post so often. Let's fix that!

Day 1: A photo of me. I would love to tell you that I took a picture today and that I liked it, however, that is not true. I've tried taking pictures of myself lately, but I am super critical and therefore have nothing to show... so I'll post one that is not horrible (but a bit cheesy) that was taken at our Mom's Night Out last Friday, and try to get a better one sometime soon.

In other news, I thought I would continue with the nightly blog. I thought today about something that bugged me recently, but I feel a little guilty about it. Saturday I kept hearing this loud banging noise every few minutes, and then occasionally I would hear a high-pitched squeal. I heard it a few times and didn't really think much of it, but when Keaton went down for his afternoon nap, I heard it again and again. I wrote the squealing noise off as a sound effect that was on Casey's computer game. But the banging noise kept happening. It started to really drive me nuts, so I walked out to the living room to see what was going on. Casey had no clue about it, and it turns out that neither noise was coming from his game, so I peeked out the window. Turns out, the neighborhood boys were playing hockey in our driveway; The banging noise was the puck hitting the house, and the squealing was the boys celebrating a goal. I really tried not to get upset, but it kind of frustrated me that they didn't ask, and that they were hitting the house. Most of all, it torked me off when it woke Keaton up from his nap. Call me a grumpy old lady, but I was fuming about it for awhile, especially when Keaton wouldn't go back to sleep and was not in a very good mood. Casey pointed out that they are just kids, and that I have a soon-to-be rambunctious little guy who will probably be just like that, which put things into perspective. Still, I keep thinking about it. I think I would have felt better about it if they knocked on the door and asked, and even more so if they had not kept hitting the house. And if they had not woken up Keaton. I'll get over it, but I had to get it out. And yes, I feel very old now for complaining about it.

In another random note, I figured out that I would very much like to visit the Galapagos Islands someday. Preferably sooner than later. I saw Ecuador on a list of the top 10 places with 'perfect weather', and saw a link to the Islands, so I clicked on it. Of course, seeing the pictures of wildlife- especially turtles- piqued my interest, and I fell in love. I believe that if I could picture what Heaven looks like, it is there. So, my newest goal is to someday go there, take pictures, lay on the beach, and explore. When I eventually get to sleep tonight, I hope that's where I end up in my dreams.

Alrighty, that's enough for tonight. :)

-Ash

No comments: