Monday, January 10, 2011

Go Go Gadget- Motivate!!

35 minutes of cleaning, and I have to take a break. Our kitchen looks like a bomb went off... I'm slowly getting it to look decent again. Veeerrrrry slooooooowly.

A few random things tonight. First, I would like to go off on a tiny tangent about 'Talkative Guy' at our local movie rental establishment. I really seem to befriend the strangest people sometimes. I know he talked to me the first time when I was pregnant, and I didn't remember speaking to him until long after Keaton was born. Maybe it was the hormone-induced state I was in after just having a child, but I totally blocked meeting him out of my memory. Until the time we went in to exchange a movie, and he struck up a conversation with us about a movie where people became zombies and started killing everyone, and how he and his friends have a plan if that were ever to happen, and even have a storage unit somewhere nearby that they would go to to hide out. He talked about this for a good 5 minutes as we were trying to politely exit the building. But it never fails... I always go in and he always starts talking to me about very random things. Today it was a 26 lb turkey. He is funny, and nice, but I really have a hard time getting my movie and getting the heck out of there. Anyway, yeah... that's enough of that.

I had a thought today about how mobile my kid is now... changing his diaper and/or clothes is really like nailing jello to a wall. I have to put him on the floor or in the crib now to try to contain him, since he seems to want to jump off the changing pad now. It's wearing me out!! Not only that, but he's really gotten into the bad habit of throwing things when he doesn't want them- sippy cup, toys, binkies out of the crib...food... this morning he decided he would not let me feed him with a spoon, so he grabbed a handful of oatmeal and started shoving it in his mouth. This went okay for a few minutes, until he decided he was done eating it, and threw a big, sticky handful onto the floor. It reminded me for a second of a monkey hurling poo. He was highly amused; I was not. I thought I cleaned him up well enough, but I later found chunks of oatmeal in his hair. This part of parenthood is interesting. I want him to explore and have fun, and I realize he's learning, but he also gets this really ornery smile on his face sometimes when I tell him 'no'. Fun times ahead, people! (Sigh). I need a nap.

I had so much more on my mind earlier. If I could have blogged while driving, I would have. But now I'm home, sitting in the dining room, prolonging my procrastination. I've got to clean, but all I want to do is sit, and fill out birthday invitations, and veg. Not tonight... I took today 'off' and I have a lot to do. And so, off I go to do it. More later...

-Ash

No comments: