Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Little Fish

Keaton started his second swimming session at the YMCA this morning. We were very excited that our new instructor, Becky, has a very structured class. Keaton tried blowing bubbles in the water today (something he's never even showed interest in before), and he learned to push off the wall with his feet- the best part about that was that after 2 times, he was doing it on the count of 3, which was great!! I love this age right now. Minus the fact that changing his diaper and/or clothes is nearly impossible now since he's so mobile, it's neat to see how much he takes in and to watch him think things through. He is getting very opinionated, and even shakes his head 'no' sometimes. It's cute right now, until he learns how to say No... then we're in for it.

I'm attempting to plan his first birthday party now, which is proving to be a bit more involved than I ever thought it could be. He has 3 friends (unless I'm forgetting someone else) with birthdays around the same time, so February is going to be one busy month! We look forward to having family come up for the occasion. Now I just have to figure out where it's going to be... hopefully I can come up with a plan soon... I have just over a month before I have a one year old!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??

Here's a picture of the future Doc:

-Ash

1 comment:

Chimpsea said...

Ashley, I don't know how it's possible but he gets cuter and cuter every day! I can't wait to hear your ideas for his party! I am going to be so swamped with school this semester that I don't think E will have much in the way of celebration so I'll have to live vicariously :)