Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 12

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 12: A photo of when you were happy:

We're married!

Saturday May 24th, 2003. I can't believe it's been almost 8 years now! Time sure does fly. We've had ups and downs, just like all married couples do... I'm just so glad that we've gotten through them all and now have a beautiful little boy to share our life with, too.

My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary this June. Fifty years!! That is a wonderful accomplishment, and something they should be proud to share, because not many people get to that point- especially in today's society. I am excited for them, and hope to be able to say the same someday. :)

-----

Little Man is asleep next to me in bed right now. I don't like letting him nap in our bed much these days, but he was super grumpy and would not settle down to sleep, and it was the only thing that would work. So here I am, stuck in our room. Might as well blog, right? I think we screwed up his schedule last night- we went to Red Lobster for dinner, and didn't get home until about 30 minutes after his bedtime. He went to sleep fine, but woke up an hour earlier than normal this morning, and refused to go back to sleep until about an hour ago. He also figured out how to pull himself up on his crib this morning, so during the first attempt to get him to nap, he stood up, cruised to the end of his crib, and started playing with a full-length mirror that was propped up there. I heard a banging noise and came in to discover him standing there, squeaking at me in delight at his accomplishment. That was the final straw- Case lowered the crib a few inches. Luckily it's not too low for me- yet. Unless I hit a growth spurt of my own, the next one's going to be tough.

We let Keaton eat bits of our food last night at RL- he really liked the chicken Casey had. Didn't try giving him shellfish, just in case he has an allergy, but he liked the Cheddar Bay biscuits (who doesn't?), broccoli, and mashed potatoes, too. It's fun to be able to give him what we have. He's growing up so fast!! This morning for breakfast he had yogurt, and finished almost 1/2 a pear all by himself. Then he saw Casey eating a banana and had to have some of that, too. He saw me eating a cupcake the other day, so I gave him a tiny bite to prep him for his birthday cake in a few weeks. A few weeks?! Ahhhhhhh!!!! Breathe, woman, breathe!!

Alright, I guess that's enough for one day. It seems I have gotten the writing bug again because I really thought I wouldn't write until next week, and I've posted 3 times since then. Is anyone else still reading this (besides my parents?)... LOL...

-Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm reading! :) And now I want cheddar bay biscuits! :P