Friday, January 28, 2011

My Stupid Mouth.

Great John Mayer song, and pretty much sums up my evening.

Don't you hate it when you have very good intentions, but the perception gets completely screwed up/taken out of context, etc, and you end up feeling like a complete idiot? That's how I feel right now. I won't get into specifics, but it's one of those times I wish I had that good ole Remote Control for life and I could either pause and rethink how things could be taken, or rewind to say it differently... or fast forward to the part where everything has blown over and my stupidity is only a memory. Until the next time.

Maybe I'm being too dramatic. It wouldn't be the first time. But I really am flustered at the fact that I can so easily get myself into trouble when I talk. Sometimes when it happens, I picture myself stepping in a big pile of poo, with cleats on. That's what it feels like to me, because it is not an easy clean up. It's not an "Oh, I'm sorry, I said that wrong" kind of moment. It's an intricate, complicated moment. Like an onion. It's got lots of layers and it gets stronger and smells worse the deeper you go. Enough smelly examples... you get the idea.

That's my night in a nutshell. I think I should quit while I'm ahead... start fresh tomorrow. Fresh sounds good after referencing piles of poo and onions, don't you think? Hahaha...

-Ash

No comments: