Monday, January 24, 2011

Catching Up

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 6: A photo of someone you love



Casey and Charley Brown. Today is the 7 month anniversary of the day we had to say goodbye to Chuck. I thought it would be appropriate to include both my boys before Keaton came along, as Keaton has had a lot of the spotlight so far in the 30 Day Challenge... for good reason, of course! This is the first picture of Casey and Charley together. <3

Day 7: A photo of something I stand for.
This one is stumping me. What do I stand for? How many almost-30-year-olds have a solid answer to this one?

I guess this one would work: Being a Mother. If I had a business card, it would be my title. I think I have always been a bit of a "Little Mama"... especially when I worked at USC and had my summer REU students- I was known as the "Den Mother" around the Chemical Engineering Department. While I don't know if I fully answered the question of 'what I stand for', this is what I would define myself as... a Mother. Hardest, most rewarding job I have ever had. :)

Now for the update. The weekend flew by, as it always does. Now it's Monday again, and 5 more days until I get to spend time with Casey again (for an extended period of time). Since he spent half of Saturday at work, I guess I feel like this weekend was even shorter, because I don't think I define it as a 'weekend' until he's home. Yesterday was the Chicago Bears/Green Bay Packers football game, so we drove to Evanston to see our friends Misael & Aidaris and their daughter, aka Keaton's girlfriend. He is absolutely in love with her, and it's cute to watch them together. She just turned 2 last month, so she can obviously run circles around him, but I think she likes interacting with him... and I know he loves attention from her! Last night she gave him little kisses on his cheeks and head, and fed him rice with a spoon. (Why did I not get that on video?! It was so cute!!) He grinned from ear to ear every time she spoke. He always wanted to be where ever she was. He also fell in love with her walker, and decided that he would not walk, but almost jog with it. This is the most he has ever walked while holding onto something... he was probably motivated because she is a very active child, so he has to work hard to keep up! All that exercise wore Keaton out, so he passed out in the car on the way home. I did the same not too long after we got home. And with that, the weekend was over.

Today Keaton and I went to my Orthodontist consultation. He did great, and enjoyed watching all the hygienists in the office (probably because they were all women) and did his share of flirting. I found out that I do not qualify for Invisalign like I'd hoped, but I can get braces with the help of Casey's insurance. It should only take a year. We'll see how it all pans out.

Well the kid is awake now and calling for me from his crib, so it's time for me to go. More later!

-Ash

No comments: