Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Favorite Blood Spatter Analyst


If anyone reading this has never watched the show Dexter, now is the time to get off your keister and Netflix/Blockbuster/illegally download it. It is seriously one of the best shows I have ever seen, and it gets better every season. Granted, Casey and I just finished Season 4 tonight, and will have to wait awhile as we don't get Showtime to watch Season 5, but if that season is anything like the last one, it will be worth the wait!

I will do my best not to give anything away, just in case you haven't seen it.. I tried to explain the show to my mother-in-law recently, and found myself saying things that sounded totally off the wall, like, "You really end up feeling for a serial killer." I understand why she looked at me like I was crazy, but the writing on this show is so good, you actually root for the guy! Every season I have watched so far has amazing plot twists and turns. The best part is, for someone like Casey who can normally see the end coming a mile away, I don't think he's ever predicted how things would turn out. If stupid-ass Billy Bush hadn't interviewed one of the characters and revealed what happened to them in Season 4, I would have totally been shocked... instead I had to walk around, knowing the whole time (and keeping it from Casey). The best part about this show is, you really don't see it coming! They had me guessing up to the last 5 minutes... which made me more nervous because I was thinking, "How are they going to pull this off?" But they did. And they always do. Amazing writing, I tell ya.

The show was so intense for me, my hands and feet would literally sweat while we watched it. Casey thinks I'm crazy- and maybe I am- but I really got into it. If you can stomach fake blood (and not a horrible amount, all things considered...), nudity, and strong language *especially by Dexter's sister Deb*, I highly recommend this series.

So now I wait. Hopefully Billy Bush will keep his mouth shut in the meantime. :)

-Ash

PS: I will never look at John Lithgow the same way again.

1 comment:

Chimpsea said...

Hey did you know that Dexter and his sister Deb were married in real life? I think they recently got divorced though. Or separated.

Season 4 was so good. Season five's guest star is Julia Stiles. You'll like it!